Parsippany Historical and Preservation Society

Bowlsby-DeGelleke House

The Red Tour

Sunday, May 5, 2024
12pm to 5pm

Ayres/Knuth Farm

Parsippany Historical and Preservation Society

Bowlsby-DeGelleke House

The Bowlsby-DeGelleke House, built c.1790 by George Bowlsby Jr., is a 1-1/2 story wood clapboardsided farmhouse sitting atop a stone foundation. Originally a 3-bay front, an addition to the right of the front door in 1819, gave the house its central entrance appearance, as well as, added two rooms on the second floor. Subsequent renovations resulted in the house’s current configuration. The house was purchased in 1977 by the township for use as the Parsippany Historical Museum. It was listed on the NJ and National Registers of Historic Places in 1978. With grants from Morris County Historic Preservation Trust and Parsippany Township Open Space Program the house was restored to its 1850s appearance.

This year's Pathways tour features topics of discussion established annually by the New Jersey Historical Commission (NJHC).