Parsippany Historical and Preservation Society
Parsippany Historical Museum at the Bowlsby-DeGelleke House
- “DRAWING PARSIPPANY”
- View artwork by local artists
- See renderings from the Historic American Building Survey, of Parsippany’s historic buildings displayed in the period rooms of the Bowlsby-DeGelleke House
- On-site parking available.
The Bowlsby-DeGelleke House, built c.1790 by George Bowlsby Jr., is a 1-1/2 story wood clapboardsided farmhouse sitting atop a stone foundation. Originally a 3-bay front, an addition to the right of the front door in 1819, gave the house its central entrance appearance, as well as, added two rooms on the second floor. Subsequent renovations resulted in the house’s current configuration. The house was purchased in 1977 by the township for use as the Parsippany Historical Museum. It was listed on the NJ and National Registers of Historic Places in 1978. With grants from Morris County Historic Preservation Trust and Parsippany Township Open Space Program the house was restored to its 1850s appearance.